Monday, June 10, 2013

Just Mad Rantings ~ something for Charles Bukowski

so I mention in the forward that Charles Bukowski aka Hank Chinaski is one of the writers that inspired me. But as you'll also read in my book sometimes it frustrated me a little bit that we seem to have similar writing styles and ways of being. But I also came to realize that perhaps we share a similar spirit, and I appreciate that.

 

Appreciation for the Naked Drunk 


 he wrote a poem for me 
one of many for the foxes 
I read and relate 
He’s competent and satisfied, the naked drunk 
“he speaks in a down-to-earth realistic voice” 
and bets on horses, uncrippled jockey killers 
I defended him to her because her box was too small
Because she’ll be an artist one day 
But today she doesn’t feel him 
Fidgeting complainer 
Rearranging furniture like my mother’s once a year habit 
Attitudinal discontent 
Constant confusion 
Live LOVE laff and learn….

No comments:

Post a Comment